miércoles, 4 de enero de 2012

Travel Journal: Dont take me out

     Normally during vacation my family gets a little crazy about what we eat. During vacation, because my mom doesn’t want to cook at all, (and none of us have any chance of cooking without burning the house down, other than MY delicious quesadillas - _ -) she leaves no other choice but to go out and eat. And EVERY SINGLE vacation I feel like my family WANTS me to die of eating too much.
      It always starts with a simple suggestion of going to eat at La Mar.  Whenever we hear those two inoffensive syllables we are naturally happy. But after about a week the same word makes you want to cry and be happy at the same time.
     Worst thing is that it NEVER stops its constant. Of course for the rest of my family its fine. People like my brother get hungry every two hours. But for me and my sister, every time they talk of going out we try to get out of it.
      Every time we end up going anyways. Worst thing is that normally they ask for platters without consulting us. So when I and my sister are walking back to our table from the bathroom, we see a HUGE plate of samplers and 
realize its going in the same direction as us.
       Honestly I’m only a tiny bit glad for my siblings to leave. I’m ready to go back to homemade meals. Even if it’s just rice and chicken; that okay with me.
PS: It’s so amazing how I'm writing about food, while everyone else’s travel journal has ACTUAL stories. So I’m sorry, this vacation hasn’t been the best.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario