martes, 13 de diciembre de 2011

Confession Tuesday: Destiny killed the Cellphone

I confess that when my parents heard the loud noise of a cellphone falling down 4 flights of stairs, it didn’t entirely happen accidently.  When my phone fell out of my pocket onto the floor, I was supposed to bend down and pick it up (something someone normal would do). But I stared at that piece of metal and plastic that I called my phone. So this is what happened, because that phone was everything I never wanted and because I’m particularly lazy on the weekends, I kicked it instead. Honestly I didn’t mean for it to go down the complete 4 flights of stairs,. Just one or two, I don’t know, maybe the phone wanted to die completely. Maybe it was destiny that the phone went all the way. But when it did fall all the way, i imagined my parents killing me. 
To top it off I ran all the way down stairs only to find my mom staring at the phone blankly. I looked at her, then the phone, then back at my mom. I literally threw myself at the floor; hugging that phone as if it was my new born baby. I whined and moaned for my mothers sake, but inside all I could keep thinking about was, when’s my birthday? Oh right the 26th. Great, I guess that’s when I get my new phone. I was having a joy fest in my head as my mother called Dad to tirade me about the responsibilities of having a cellphone. All I heard at the end of that conversation was what my father whispered to my mother. “I guess we have to get her a new cellphone for her birthday, we were going to anyways.”

To read more Confession Tuesday click,here.

3 comentarios:

  1. Jajaja you drop your phone. So when you came to school you just come and drop MINE? sheesh. Anyways; good use of parenthesis; and I could Literally HEAR your whining, so it had your voice.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love your story! I could really hear your voice, just like when you are telling me something, great use of parenthesis. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I agree with everyone, I could totally imagine you crying over your phone! It was quite a funny ending got to admitt, loved it!

    ResponderEliminar