martes, 6 de septiembre de 2011

No Sleep

                   The boy has been with me years, day and night. But never had I felt more kindness and loyalty from him. The boy was there whenever I needed something. I would feel dehydrated at night, the boy would offer me water, I would want a book from downstairs, the boy, he was there, to do or retrieve anything I wanted.
                 That night after I had shut my window- because I derived that if I didn’t a robber might slip into my house- I took out my inventory of pills and felt them go down my throat as I filled my mouth with water.
                 I lay in bed and turned the light off, but that night, no sleep came. I sensed tension in  the air  and the air was thick,as I surmised that someone was in my room, but I could only surmise, the room was pitch black. I made and endeavor to fall asleep, but like I said, no sleep came that night.
                Feeling that there was a presence in my room electrified my senses, and any sound, no matter how small, startled me. By then I figured the boy was the one I was feeling the presence of. Gingerly, I turned around in bed with no sudden movements, so that the boy wouldn’t know I was awake. I simulated to be asleep, but my heart gave regular hits against my chest rapidly, and it only seemed to increase in speed with every second that passed. With one quick jolt I sat up in bed and screamed to anyone, assuming it was the boy that was in my room. No answer, I lay back, just wishing to be able to fall asleep; but no sleep came that night.
                I closed my eyes just yearning for nothing more than sleep. But instead saw the door being flung open, the boy leaped into the room, light pervaded, and the boys face, oh that boy’s face, his eyes were wild.   With one cursory movement he flipped the bed, which one second ago I was laying in, over me. I was clad under the heavy weight. I felt a grimace come across my face and gritted my teeth as I experienced gruesome pain coming from my knee where the bed had made an abrasion. I felt my raw skin on my knee burn, I gasped for air, tried to lift the bed, but I had to succumb. That boy had been so kind to me, and if it was killing me that pleased him, then I would not argue. But killing me and not letting guilt get to him was another story.

8 comentarios:

  1. Alexandra!!! Great Story! I really enjoyed the ending! (Thumbs Up)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Alexandra, I admire your writing, it's amazing. Your story flows and you have a lot of good vocabulary that really go with the time preiod. Great job I love youuuu boobie!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. exelent story!! i loved how you did it from the old's man perspective. all the vocabulary words were use right :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Alexandra, very good story, I liked it allot.
    you used all your vocabulary word correctly, and i liked that everything had common with the story.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Aleexx!! Your story made me feel "inside" the story, "inside" the time period thanks to your amazing adjectives and descriptions! Awesome job! lovee youuu

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Alex! i love how you can feel what the old man is feeling, I love how you describe everything so well!:P

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Gooooood job! I loved your story wifeyy! I told you that it's super good! I especiallyn love your ending! Totally a catch! <3

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I like your story and how you used your words. It actually makes me feel bad I killed the old man in my story.

    ResponderEliminar