lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

No Longer an Ocean Away

Dear Abigail,
I regret ever taking that journey I took 13 years ago. But the master had told me, that dreadful day that I left you that we would both leave in search of riches and wealth. And now, it is clearer than ever that I shouldn’t have left, because that promise the master had made, was nothing but guile. He has worked me, almost to the point of complete starvation.
Our plan to come to this world did not turn out as easy as we thought. The supply of food is dwindling, for the wealthier people , like the master, refuse to work and find food. Since the master is one of them, he requires of me to do all his tasks. But the news of your soon to be arrival has lifted my spirits. Now the only thing I have to look forward to is you coming. Although you are leaving for the Plymouth colony, and I am settled in Jamestown, knowing that you are some miles away comforts me.
         The persecutions in England, I’ve heard, are becoming more frequent .And I couldn’t bear thinking that you might be in danger.  It is imperative that you come before anything happens to you. I am blissful to know that you are leaving for Plymouth. Your religious beliefs will be welcomed and accepted. You will no longer have the disposition of feeling exposed to any possible danger. 
Your journey is sure to be successful. You have been planning it for months and it is nowhere close to spontaneous. It seems all is perfectly worked out and I will be looking  forward to  more frequent letters from you , now that you won’t be a ocean away. I am eager for your arrival. I wish you the best on your voyage.

                  

Sincerely,
Jack 

2 comentarios:

  1. This was soooo good!! I loved the way you kept it short and sweet but yet made it sound complete! You used all the words correctly and it was historically correct. Godd job!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Aleexx!!! I love how you always put your own "voice" to the stories you write. I could feel every detail, I could understand Jack and what he had to say. Your use of wordly wise words is amazing...I like how you used "dwindling" ;) !!!! Awesome letter!!!!!!

    ResponderEliminar